Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. Viacom's leading brands include MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV Land, SPIKE, Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA.
Viacom’s Ad Sales departments provide a 360 experience across all platforms ranging from traditional television to mobile and tablet digital media. Interns work closely with the executive team and take part in a four phase program that concludes with a final project and presentation.
- Gain a topline understanding of all Viacom networks and the offerings we sell
- Learn the key components of the ad sales process
- Media Math basics
- Life cycle of a deal
- Utilizing research to help sell-through integrated programs
- Support CSRs and SSEs on day to day tasks including but not limited to
- Taking screenshots of ads on our online platforms
- Pulling delivery reports on live campaigns and updating excel spreadsheets
- Creating screen shot decks and wrap reports for current campaigns
- Network spending analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Updating and maintaining contact lists, programming schedules, etc.
- Completing a final project where interns pitch a new/potential advertiser to Viacom and presenting it to our team
General Requirements/Desired Skills:
- Attention to Detail, ability to multi-task, understanding of the media and entertainment industries, team oriented, strong communication, hard working
- Minimum commitment of 32 hours per week and a recommended maximum of 40 hours per week
- We accept students entering their junior or senior year of college
Junior or Senior, preferred sales, business, marketing, advertising, public relations or communications major